- AAA DISCOUNT REWARDS MEMBER CARD # ……………………………
- THE CUSTOMER WAS TOLD BY THE TOYOTA DEALERSHIP THAT TROUBLE CODE #P0304 INDICATES A POSSIBLE LEAKING CYLINDER HEAD GASKET AND THE CUSTOMER WOULD LIKE A SECOND OPINION. PERFORM NECESSARY DIAGNOSTIC TESTING AND ADVISE:
- FOUND:I found code P0304 present for a misfire concern on the number 4 cylinder. I swapped the ignition coil and spark plug with another cylinder and found the misfire is current on the number 4 cylinder. While the spark plug was removed I inspected the cylinder using an inspection camera and found discoloration on the cylinder wall. I performed a block test on the cooling system which test for hydrocarbons ,or exhaust gases, present in the cooling system. I tested the system at engine start up and after test driving the vehicle and found the results negative under both conditions. I found the cooling system approximately 1/2 gallon low on coolant. There does not appear to be any indication of external coolant leaks.Based on the engine mileage and unknown service history I suggest replacing the engine assembly. Based on engine mileage I suggest replacing the fuel injectors.
- Bring the engine to normal operating temperatures, pressure test the integrity of the cooling system and test for combustion gasses in the cooling system.
- allow the system to dry, reinstall the thermostat, reassemble and refill the system, test for proper operations. NOTE: A+ Autocare does not guarantee that this procedure will cure the leaking cylinder head(s) or gasket(s). I performed the block seal procedure following the manufacturer's guidelines. I performed three separate test drives following the conditions that were recorded for the misfire code set. At this time there are no trouble codes stored or pending. The misfire counters for all six cylinders are at 0.
- Environmental Waste Disposal Fee, EPA ID# CAL000295851
- Inspect the tire PSI and Inflate to Proper Specifications Front _32____PSI Rear__32___PSI
ENRIQUE G. gave our service a 5 star review on 7/3/2021