- AAA DISCOUNT REWARDS MEMBER CARD # ……………………………
- ALTERNATOR ASSEMBLY – Remove & Replace – 3.5L Eng
- CUSTOMER STATES IT SOUNDED LIKE THE ALTERNATOR STARTED MAKING EXCESSIVE NOISE WHILE DRIVING AND THEN SUDDENLY LOST ALL POWER. THE AAA DRIVER TRIED TO JUMP START IT AND SPARKS CAME OUT OF THE ALTERNTATOR. INSPECT AND ADVISE.
- FOUND: Alternator failed (burning smell, not charging) Battery completely discharged upon arrival. Note; Battery is a DuraLast # H6– DATE CODE 11/2016 At this time we recommend to replace the alternator and battery and re-check operation and continue diagnostic if needed.
- FOUND: Stored DTC's ABS C0899 Device #1 Voltage Low Symptom C0267 Low Brake Fluid indicated Further inspection found that the C0899 DTC will set when the vehicle battery voltage drops below 8 (v) this DTC will set Traction Control indicators illuminate when making a left hand turn. Further inspection found brake fluid level low. Suspect fluid swishes around inside the reservoir when making a left hand turn. Adjusted brake fluid level. Test drove vehicle with no further faults. Rec monitor and advise. Note remaining brake life is approx 6MM @ Front 5MM @ Rear
- Replace the battery as required, reassemble with equipped hold-down hardware.
- THE CUSTOMER STATES THE "CHECK ENGINE" LIGHT IS ILLUMINATED. ……………. Rec Restore vehicle to normal operation (replace battery- replace alternator) then proceed with MIL diagnosis if needed.
- CA Battery Recycling Fee
JOEL F. gave our service a 5 star review on 9/21/2020