- AAA DISCOUNT REWARDS MEMBER CARD # ……………………………
- PERFORM NECESSARY DIAGNOSTIC TESTING AND ADVISE:
- FOUND:I inspected the vehicle and confirmed the client"s concern that the steering stability warning lamp is illuminated. I found code 5128 present in the ABS control module. This code indicates there is a steering wheel position signal bias level fault. I inspected the bias level and found that driving straight down the road the bias level is at -12 %. The steering wheel is off center. I inspected the steering and suspension components and found both lower ball joints have over .050 inches of lateral movement. Maximum allowable movement is .020. There does not appear to be any bent components. The right rear front lower control arm eccentric is in the maximum allowable rotational position. I put the vehicle on an alignment rack and pulled alignment readings and found the right front camber and caster is out of specification. There is enough adjustment present to reset the alignment to factory specifications once the ball joints have been replaced.
- DISASSEMBLE, REPLACE THE LOWER BALL JOINTS, REASSEMBLE.
- Rotate the tires front to rear to extend tire life.
- Inspect and make required adjustments to set "toe", "caster", and "camber" to factory specifications on the front and rear suspension (where applicable). Alignment warranty requires tire rotations and checking tire pressure in accordance with manufacturer's specifications.
- Inspect the tire PSI and Inflate to Proper Specifications Front __36___PSI Rear__36___PSI
DAVID G. gave our service a 5 star review on 6/3/2021