2009 Volvo S80CRM Mitchell1 2022-08-24T22:02:44+00:00
- AAA DISCOUNT REWARDS MEMBER CARD # ……………………………
- * THERE ARE ENGINE NOISES AT IDLE SPEED. * CHECK FOR TROUBLE CODES (INTERMITTENT CHECK ENGINE LIGHT) Stored DTC P0171 system too lean at bank 1 There is a high-pitched whistling type noise present at idle speed. I inspected the vehicle and confirm the presence of this high-pitched whistle noise being present. Further inspections confirm that the oil trap assembly, which is part of the PCV system, has failed allowing excessive vacuum in the crankcase. At this time I recommend to replace the oil trap assembly and recheck for proper operation.
- *Inspect engine oil level, condition, and leaks. *Inspect transmission fluid level, condition and leaks. *Inspect differential oil, condition, and leaks. *Inspect coolant level, condition, and leaks. *Inspect external accessory drive belt(s), condition, and tension. *Inspect cooling system hoses. *Inspect brake fluid level, condition, and leaks. *Inspect front and rear brake linings. *Inspect parking brake operations. *Inspect tire pressure and tread conditon. *Inspect universal joints (where applicable). *Inspect CV boot and joints (where applicable). *Inspect spark plugs & secondary ignition system appearance. *Inspect air filter. *Inspect fuel filter external appearance. *Inspect exterior light operations. *Inspect windshield wiper blades and operations. *Inspect windshield washer operations. *Inspect exhaust system. *Inspect steering & suspension system. *Inspect battery & terminal conditions. *Inspect horn operation. *Inspect electric window & lock operations. *Vehicle road test
- Inspect the tire PSI and Inflate to Proper Specifications Front _____35 PSI Rear__35___PSI
- DISASSEMBLE, REPLACE THE UPPER ENGINE TORQUE ROD, REASSEMBLE.
- TEST THE HEADLIGHTS (LOW AND HIGH BEAMS), TAIL AND BRAKE LIGHTS, TURN SIGNALS, PARKING LIGHTS, SIDE MARKERS AND ADVISE:
- DISASSEMBLE, REPLACE THE OIL TRAP ASSEMBLY, REASSEMBLE.
ANTHONY G. gave our service a 5 star review on 8/23/2022