- INSPECT THE COOLING SYSTEM OPERATION AND ADVISE:
- FOUND: I inspected the vehicle and confirmed the client's concern that there is a cooling system performance fault. I scanned all vehicle systems for potential codes and found no codes related to this fault. I test drove the vehicle and found the coolant temperature is erratic. I found the cooling system expansion tank empty and there is no visible sign of fluid. I performed a detailed inspection of the cooling system and found there is a significant leak present from the water pump assembly. There is an additional leak present from the thermostat housing gasket.
- WATER PUMP – Remove & Replace – V6,3.2L Eng – [Includes:Drain and refill Low Temperature Cooling System. Includes: R&I Fender Liner.]
- ENGINE OIL COOLER – Remove & Replace – V6 w/Oil Filter Housing – [Includes: R&I Intake Manifold Gaskets. Includes:Drain and refill Low Temperature Cooling System. Serviced as an Assembly.]
- THERMOSTAT HOUSING – Remove & Replace – V6 w/Thermostat – [Includes:Drain and refill Low Temperature Cooling System. Includes: R&I Air Cleaner. Integral part of the Thermostat Housing.]
- During disassembly of the front component group for water pump replacement I found one of the bolt mounting points for the thermostat cover is stripped. This bolt goes through the thermostat cover, through the timing cover and is secured by the engine block. The threads in the engine block are significantly damaged and beyond repair. In order to prevent replacement of the engine block a Helicoil repair will be required. I believe this repair can be facilitated with the timing cover in place. I found one of the bolts had been replaced during a previous repair attempt. The bolt is incorrect for the application.
- Extract the existing brake fluid, replenish the system with fresh fluid, bleed the system of any air or preexisting brake fluid.
- Environmental Waste Disposal Fee, EPA ID# CAL000295851
- Inspect the tire PSI and Inflate to Proper Specifications Front _37____PSI Rear__37___PSI
- CABIN AIR FILTER – DISASSEMBLE, REPLACE THE CABIN AIR FILTER, REASSEMBLE.
DARRYL G. gave our service a 5 star review on 9/30/2021